Monday, December 6, 2010

Something for everyone at Huber’s Orchard & Winery

Photobucket
Just two hours south of Indianapolis, through the rolling hills of southern Indiana near the town of Starlight sits the Huber Family Orchard and Winery. This 6th and soon to be 7th generation family farm was founded in 1843 and has grown into an Agri-Tourism destination for wine, cheese, fruits and vegetables, parties and events, Christmas trees, pumpkins and ice cream. No matter what time of year it is there is always something to do at Hubers. Stop by for a tasty lunch or plan a full day of farm fun activities with the kids, Huber’s Orchard and Winery will showcase Hooiser Hospitality.

Photobucket

Huber’s has meeting and conference space for parties, weddings and get-togethers.

Photobucket

The tasting room is always open to try some of their award winning wines or take a tour of their barrel and bottling rooms.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Stop in for a meal at the Starlight Café for some delicious sandwiches and soups. There is always fresh cheese and hand dipped ice cream waiting in the Cheese and Ice Cream Shoppe.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Need a lovely gift basket? Check out the Farm Market for some tasty treats, including apple butter, fudge, and in season produce.

Photobucket
Hubers also offers tours to school aged kids, music from local artist on their patio and this time of year fresh cut Christmas Trees.

Photobucket

As a bonus Huber’s Orchard and Winery has donated a $50 gift certificate to be used on anything at their farm. Pick up some wine, gift basket or put it towards a Christmas Tree.

To enter please leave a separate comment below for each of the following entries:
1. Follow the Indiana Family of Farmers blog through Google Friend Connect (see right column)
5. Visit www.huberwinery.com and tell us what looks like a fun thing to do on their farm.

15 comments:

Megan said...

I love that the family keeps adding features so that each generation can continue to be involved with the farm!

Jenn said...

Huber's graciously hosted us during Ag Media Summit a few years ago. It was an awesome place and a great time. The peach ice cream is the best I've ever had!

Heather @ 3 kids and lots of pigs said...

Huber's ia a great example of a family farm. I'm glad to see them featured on this blog that I follow.

Heather @ 3 kids and lots of pigs said...

I follow Indiana's Family of Farmers on Twitter.

Heather @ 3 kids and lots of pigs said...

I'm a fan on Facebook.

Heather @ 3 kids and lots of pigs said...

Since I was pregnant the last time I visited/toured Huber's, I think the most fun thing would be the wine tasting.

Another Bobbi Creation said...

now following the blog! Great pics from Huber's!

Another Bobbi Creation said...

Oooh! I think having a wedding there would be amazing!

Unknown said...

we had such a great time at Hubers. I can't wait to go again! I bought several of the Christmas wines in the tree shaped bottles to give out as presents.

Audrey Keating said...

Already following the blog

Audrey Keating said...

I've been to Huber's many times, but haven't been recently. I forgot all the great items they have. Looks like I need to make a trip down there soon!

Audrey Keating said...

Okay, I'm officially going this weekend. I've booked a hotel in Louisville and I'm spending one day in the city and the other day at Huber!

Jane said...

I'm a new follower and love Huber's!

Jane said...

We've been to Huber's many times and love the wine tasting and enjoying the wonderful scenery.

Hannah @ Off the Cuff said...

My favorite parts are the icecream and of course..the wine!