Friday, May 6, 2011

Links I Love when planning a Mother’s Day Feast

Guest Post by Heather of Real Farmwives of America and Friends and 3 Kids and Lots of Pigs

Now I don’t know about you, but to me, Mother’s Day is not about me, but about my mom and mother-in-law.  Don’t get me wrong, I love being a mom more than anything else in this world and I always love to see what my little one are going to do for me for Mother’s Day; however, ultimately for me, it is about making the day special for my mom and mother-in-law.

We live 3 hours from my mom, so since before I married The Farmer, I have spent Mother’s Day with his family and trying to make the day very special for his mom since she raised 3 amazing boys.

Although my sister-in-law and I are still finalizing the plans for Mother’s Day and I don’t exactly know what is on the menu yet, I thought I would share some links to some amazing recipes that would make any mom happy whether you need goodies for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or something in-between.  So good luck and Happy Mother’s Day!

The Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls (I mean what better way is there to kick off a day of eating.)

The Cheese ball (I know it is my own recipe, but it is so easy and yummy.)


Caprese Salad for One (don’t let the name fool you, you can just keep adding to make it for more) from Krista's Kitchen


Beer Braised Ribs from Amy's Dinner, however; after blogging her dinner for 365 straight days, she's currently on a blogging hiatus.  

Italian Beef as Miss Beyer of Beyer Beware has always something yummy cooking


Peanut Butter Cake from Boys, Bovines, and Blessings and you just might want to check out her whoopie pies while you are there.

Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Ganache since there are two of them, I thought selecting 2 recipes was only fitting.  

If none of these are quite what you are looking for or need, it is quite possible you'll find something in the virtual recipe boxes of Gooseberry Patch, Allrecipes, and Food Network.

No comments: