Friday, September 5, 2014

Favorite Fall Activities

                 


By Winners Drink Milk


fall-trail-with-fence


What is the first thing you think of when you think of fall? The color? Smell of the air?
While on vacation, I looked around at the tropical beauty and wondered if I was missing something living in Indiana. Then, I was reminded of the incredible fall season. I love the vivid colors, the crisp air of fall and throwing on a sweater to venture outdoors. Fall is perfect for discovery!

fall-road
Many take a trip to the pumpkin patch; craft decorations or head out to Friday night football games. I feel like I haven’t experienced fall until I go hiking to view the spectacular fall foliage. And who can resist sitting around a campfire eating kettle corn and roasting marshmallows, then nestling in a pile of hay with a warm blanket on a hayride.

riley-statue

Another must for me is the Riley Days fall festival in my hometown.  But in the spirit of fall, there are dozens of other discoveries in Indiana. For instance, Did you know Indiana has hundreds of waterfalls? Or train rides that include a Wild West staged robbery? In Indiana you HAVE to conquer a corn maze. Consider visiting our dairy farmers where corn mazes and milking parlor tours are all in one location. Bonus, right? Consider these two- Northern Indiana, south of Indy.

Riley-festival-float

For you adventurist’s try going for a hot air balloon ride. If you help crew, you might get a free ride! Have you been waiting to try a zip line adventure? How about saddling up for horseback riding! Scenic Brown County has some great horse trails. Whatever you fancy, I have learned that you can find beauty right where you are, if you just look for it. In Indiana, I am thankful to experience this season and all the rich blessings this state reveals to all who search for them. Happy autumn.



hay-ride

No comments: