They were joined by Ag Essay Contest winners with moms, dads and teachers; Indiana Farmers; Legislators; Indiana Agriculture Director Joe Kelsay; Indiana’s Family of Farmers Representatives; Indiana Humanities Representatives; FFA Officers and Food Truck followers.
We would thank our participating Food Trucks and their Celebrity Food Truck Partners:
- Chikage Windler from the Skytrak Weather Team of WTHR (@ChikageWTHR) Scratch Truck @scratchtruck
- Tracy Forner from WISH-TV’s Indy Style (@IndyStyle) Scout’s Treats (@scoutstreats)
- Dave O’Brien Morning Host of Hank FM (@HankFM) Tacos without Borders (@tacoswoborders)
- Deb Honeycutt from WFMS Morning show (@WFMS) The New York Slice (@TheNYslice)
- Bill Remeika, Fox 59 Traffic Reporter (@bremeikaFox59) West Coast Tacos (@westcoasttacos)
- Danielle The Face of MyINDY-TV 23 (@FaceofMyINDY) Some of this! Some of That! (@sotsot1)
In addition, thanks to MacAllister Equipment Sales and Keevin Lemenager, who generously loaned his a Caterpillar Challenger, 675D tractor for the event.And we would also like to recognize and thank the Indiana State Motor Pool for their help with the safe housing of the tractor, Officer Brad Mundy and the Indiana State Police for escorting it safely from Motor Pool to South Senate and Tracy Jones and her crew with the State House Events and Tours for all their help and creativity.
Thanks also to Piazza Produce and Prairie Farms for their donation of milk, apples and carrots in front of each Food Truck to help Get Your Plate in Shape!Congratulations to our Ag Essay Winners!
IFOF (@FamilyofFarmers), along with Indiana Humanities, (@INHumanities) recognized six Hoosier students for their winning essays in the 2nd Annual Ag Essay Contest titled “Our Food, Our Farmers." This year’s contest explored Indiana’s role as a global agricultural leader.
Click here for a look at photos from the day.